Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Look what I've got!?

So I was at the Library of Congress today, and guess what I got!

I got an official Library of Congress Researchers Card!!!

Sorry, I'm just so excited about it that I had to tell all you lovely people who've been reading my blog. (Thanks, by the way =) )

The Library has to be one of the most beautiful buildings in the country by the way.




And the last one is THE main reading room. And yes, there is a secret staircase in here, down where the picture doesn't show.

I guess it's not so secret anymore... since everybody knows about it... but oh well.

Originally, the staircase had a bunch of pulleys and stuff so that the librarians could bring people the books they asked for. There are literally millions of books around the buildings. The Madison Building, which has a lot less frills, stores a lot of those books.

And it's very... practical (can be read as imposing, boring, etc.) It is boring next to the Jefferson Building (which has a few hundred books from Jefferson's original collection mind you) but it is still impressive and magnificent (and huge)  on the inside.

I also went to Smithsonian Air and Space yesterday. That was fun, but for another time. I need to go to bed so...
Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment