Sunday, April 27, 2014

Getting close to the end

Didn't post last week - oops.

Basically, this week and last week have been the same though. Getting ready for the practice presentations, writing, freaking out, and picking college.

And, yes, I'm aware that I'm supposed to know where I'm going in four days.

I've been doing some shifting around with my presentation since I had a pre-rehearsal with Dr. Williams and Ms. Dodge (thank you so much for that, it was really helpful) and have decided to focus more on the societal version of the trauma, since that seems to be the more interesting part to explain, especially since I have come to the realization that the individual is intrinsically and intimately related to the society in how it reacts and trauma, since the performance of the reaction and healing process is necessary for healing (at least in my hypothesis)

I have so many pictures from my trip to sort through.
And, I find myself doing that thing where, when you look through a set of pictures and stuff, there's some that aren't there that you're sure that you took,but aren't, and some things there that you're not sure where they came from.
 George Washington's Uniform
A park somewhere (see, I don't remember taking this one) 
The Maryland Lower

These pictures don't have anything to do with my project though.

...I just thought this was getting a little wordy, but I have a lot of material to choose from for my final product.

So, final words:

I am participating in an awareness campaign called Live Below the Line, which is a challenge that many people around the world partake in, where one attempts to live on less than $1.50 of food/drink per day for five days.

The campaign is also a fundraiser (similar to they way the Jump Rope for Heart thing for elementary school students works), where money raised by individuals and those that support their endeavor to do the challenge raise money for an organization.

I am signed up to raise funds for UNICEF, the United Nations Children's Fund. (I hope this doesn't sound too tack) I would really appreciate any and all support as I Live Below the Line this week.

You can donate online, through PayPal by clicking 'Donate' on my Live Below the Line profile. Again, as little or as much as you want to do helps!

The song of the week is Better Days by the Goo Goo Dolls.

Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment