Sunday, April 13, 2014

Home Again

Hi All

I'm back in Tucson as of late on Monday night. Both of my flights were behind schedule because of weather issues on the east coast. (I don't have any idea what was going on, but it was basically raining along the east coast. I've been to Portland, and it's always raining. The flights I've taken have never been late. Enough said...)

So I'm back. It's hot, it's dry, and it's brown, as could be expected, but it's good to be back again. I've been recuperating and working from home a lot this week. The jet lag has meant that I have had a much easier time staying awake early in the morning though, which I am enjoying.

A lot of work is left to do. I've got to concatenate my book, build my presentation, and then talk in front of Dr. Williams and Mr. Kittredge for practice. Honestly, that last part is the one that scares me the most.

Ooh! And I made bread pudding tonight for dessert in individual ramekins. Apricot and cranberry with lemon zest, yum! I'm really proud of the custard, because it didn't get clumpy in the oven.

So... to relate that back to the project, I have to figure out a way to fit all of the ingredients of my project together into a little portion-sized container when I feel like the thing could fit a few casserole dishes if I had enough time.

Basically, it's good to be back, I've got a lot of data and have to figure out how to deal with it, and make a presentation that doesn't make me sound like I'm impaired because I can't string sentences together that make sense. Good luck to me.

Oh. And I've got to decide where to go to college. Hurray!

This week's song is Shakira's La La La (Dare), which is the 2014 Brazil FIFA world cup song. At least, that's what the link claims, I haven't actually checked. I really love soccer and FIFA, I think because it is a world wide sport that has brought very different peoples and cultures together for years. Something that is unique in a way similar to the Olympics or Wimbledon. So, have a great week everyone. It's only a few more weeks to summer.

Ciao.

No comments:

Post a Comment